Monday 30 April 2012

Q & A - Katuš




Katuš will probably travel from Glossop for the 3 shows in the Barrel Room on 23rd and 24th July. As you may have guessed from her name, though, her roots go deeper and further. This is a show I've been looking forward to ever since the programme was announced. Described as a world-folk duo the shorthand gives you a clue - but you'll want to hear for yourself.

You haven’t played Buxton before why have you decided to come for 2008?
Because I wanted to do a local gig, and I always enjoy Buxton..especially the new spa

Amongst Buxton’s famous sons and (adopted daughter) are Tim Brooke-Taylor, Dave Lee Travis and Vera Brittain? How do you feel about following in the footsteps of such giants?
I  didn't grow up watching tv or listening to radio, so i dont really know the first 2. I only have small feet so I'll have to stamp to make anyone notice!

What reaction do you expect from your audiences?
Elation 

5 pieces of fruit and veg a day – what do you choose to eat?
Not that many - I don't believe them..strawberries & champagne is enough

Do you have any superstitions or routines that you follow before starting a performance?
Qi gong excercises and my boyfriend hangs my over his back to stretch it out

Buxton Mineral Water – how do you drink it?
Out of the fountain

Are there any other performers/artists that you especially admire? If so, who and why?
Dolly Parton- she's a star who eclipses most others alive today, and Rene Zellweger, my favourite actress, completely unhung up by beauty.

What question would you have liked to answer here?
Would you please play at the Buxton Opera House next year?

What is your answer?
Yes!

by Keith Savage - Published 21/07/2008

No comments:

Post a Comment