Monday 30 April 2012

In the beginning...

Blogs usually have a controversial edge to them - they are much used by partisans and fans who wish to tell everyone what is good about what they like and what is rather less good about what other people like. Well this isn't meant to be like that - unless I've offended Christians by the article title. If so, I'm sorry.


Anyway this space will be used to share with anyone, who is interested, news about the Buxton Festival Fringe. Now there's a bit of a turn off! The "In the beginning" bit might have grabbed you - now I've lost you again.


That's part of the partisan bit I guess. I spend some hours a week helping organise this arts festival and I assume the rest of the world cares. But you don't - or perhaps only a bit. So I'll have to find another way of holding your attention as the story gradually unfolds.
It was a dark night. The streets were quiet. The puddles offered dull reflections of the streetlights. As I walked down the hill I could feel myself wanting to run - but the wetness made the pavement slippy. It seemed safer to try and brake rather than to accelerate. I was late anyway. Better to arrive late and clean looking, rather than late having laid in a pool of rain and engine oil. I hadn't met these people before. First impressions count for something - especially in a small town like Buxton.

by Keith Savage - Published 04/04/2007

No comments:

Post a Comment